Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In the moment

"If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it" Ferris Bueller. 

Shawn was able to baptize Zhang Tian Jiao (Tony). He is a 20 year old from China. I was able to meet him through the missionaries. He is so cute and we take him to church every Sunday. 

We have been in NZ for almost 6 months. Time flies fast. 

January 25th at 4 am I received a phone call. I was needed in the hospital to speak chinese. Shawn and I rushed to the hospital and spend the next 4 hours with a family that had just lost their little one. I hope to never forget the feelings I had and the spirit that was there. We made eternal friends that morning.

I am working and with that... doubled our income. WHOOH to answered prayers. 

I was asked to baptize a woman. I met her on her first Sunday at church and we instantly became friends with her family. We spent Chinese New Years and many other days with them. She was baptized the day before she went back to China, by her husband.  

I haven't cut my hair in over 8 months.

Shawn gave his proposal presentation. He did AMAZING! He is one smart cookie. All of the professors and advisors were impressed. Now the real work starts.

I am working and with that... doubled our income. WHOOH to answered prayers. 

Our landlord asked Shawn if I "molt". Aren't there 500 other words that he could of said? We still laugh about it. Some peoples children, I tell you what. I do lose a lot of hair in the shower... but I would never consider it molting.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Im so glad you got a job!!!! And I want to hear about your life, when can we skype?

    ReplyDelete