Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lessons

Before leaving the Mother land, America, my friends told me it was necessary to start a blog. After a week here, I agree. Ya'll don't know what you are missing out on, nor do you know what goodness you have back home. I am here to educate you a bit on living around the world. Please note though, that I too am learning. I ask Shawn at least 60 questions a day. Last night, when I picked him up at school I started talking. I talked constantly for 2 hours. As I notice my throat starting to hurt, I turned to him and said, "do you feel like you have a wife that is always talking?" I am just learning in a new world. So... here are a few tid bits
1) DRIVING- New rule in our car. Cassie doesn't drive if Shawn is in the car. All he does is correct me... and rightfully so... cause they drive so differently around these parts. Who thought that roundabouts, small roads, fast speed limits, left side of the road and foreigners was a good idea? Well, ladies and gents I am here to tell you it is a bad idea. We are just pleased that I have not crashed yet. Please continue to pray for my safety.
2) MONEY- I went to the Post Office all by myself (I do a lot by myself. Shawn is always at school). I went to buy something with cash. Got it all out like I knew what I was doing and then the tragedy. I had no idea. I just looked at the boy and held out my hands full of money, asking him to take what he needed. Did he rob me... maybe... I would have no idea. They, the Kiwi's, just laugh at me. I think they think I am cute and innocent, that is what I am hoping anyways. 
I will leave you with that for the moment. I will post a video of where we are staying next time. I will also try and be better about taking pictures. Did I mention that it is beautiful over here? Well, it is! 

3 comments:

  1. Laughing at the mental picture :-) And so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fun I am jealous. I am excited to follow your adventures on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I demand some pictures. I can't wait to come visit!! Your new blog is hilarious, I love it!

    ReplyDelete