Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Day of My Birth!

Yesterday, October 5th, was my birthday in New Zealand. Today, October 5th, is my birthday in America. One of the great things about living here is I get to celebrate x2. Are you jealous?
It was a great day. Shawn made me breakfast. The breakfast consisted of: eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast and LEMON CAKE!


After breakfast we enjoyed ourselves some dark chocolate.


He took the day off of school and we headed to the east coast to a place called Tauranga.


We walked along the beach into town ate lunch and had gelato. We watched the surfers and kite surfers. I learned a lot about waves and surfing. Shawny boy is a great teacher of the ocean things.






We then stopped by some waterfalls. There was supposed to be a hike but we couldn't find it so we turned around. However, this little gem of a find was beautiful. We will be back.





 When we arrived home there were flowers on our door step from my parents.



I also opened a card from my Grandma and Grandpa Spanos. They are so sweet. We ended the day with skyping with my mom and Case and tacos with homemade salsa. Does it get much better than that? I say not.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't there a ship stuck on the reef out near Tauranga? I can't remember... sometimes I watch the news :P Happy Birthday (american time!) Your man friend seems pretty awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Shawn gave you an awesome day! I am very happy for you, happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthdays!! :-) Nice that you get two! Looks like you had a lovely day full of people and things you love. Love you!

    ReplyDelete